May 5, 2009

On taming the male species...

We were driving home from Pittsburgh - yet again - yesterday and a Faith Hill song came on the radio. "Mississippi Girl," I believe it was. Anyway, Rob got all indignant for a minute and yelled at Faith (via the radio, of course) for sucking the soul out of Tim McGraw. You see, when Tim McGraw first showed up on the country music scene, this is what we were introduced to:



He's no Hank Williams but he's a country boy.

Now, this is what we get:



Meh. He's been neutered. Demasculated. He wears tight-fitting turtleneck sweaters with cowboy hats and still calls himself country.

In line with the "neutering" thought, Rob has decided that once I am gainfully employed with benefits and all, he'll undergo the snip-snip. We know we're done having kids, we're ready to sit back and watch them grow up. No more sleepless nights, no more bottles, no more teeny-tiny diapers.

Now, to tie those two thoughts together: we were talking about how Faith neutered Tim when they married. Rob says, "You kind of have to though. If men were left to be as wild as they always were, they'd never get around. They'd be pissing in the hamper and lighting the couch on fire."

I suppose it's one of those stories you have to be there for in order to understand why I got a serious case of the giggles over that. But surely you've cracked a smile?

He's right, too. Men need women in their lives in order to prevent chaos from ruling the world. We keep them calm, centered even. They don't need to be in the rut, sparring for the Alpha Male position; they already won a female. And they ensure that we don't...well...let's put it this way: we're not involved in the rut either. *wink*

2 comments:

Princesspeaches said...

I agree with you on men needing women in their lives, however I find myself seriously asking if I in fact do need a man in my life...

Anonymous said...

I'm not arguing with that Tim McGraw sucks now but I don't know if Faith can be all to blame... she sucks now too. A lot of it I think can be blamed on the country music scene right now... it's very "pop" and most, if not all, of the male country stars out there wear tight-fitting turtleneck sweaters.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing