April 6, 2009

Stipulations and such

So apparently, when you sign a contract, you actually have to hold up your end of the bargain. For example: you ask a company to allow you to run their ads on your blog. They say, "Sure! Even though your blog is small and hardly noteworthy, you get maybe four hits per week, you can run ads through us and you'll get a hearty percentage of the hit value." I'm stunned; I was under the impression that only big, important blogs - even ones who take a walk on the controversial side and suffer the loss of readership for their efforts - got to run ads on their site.

So anyway, one of the stipulations was that I had to update at least once weekly or they'd pull my ad code. My last post was March 25th. Whoopsie!

I will, from now on, attempt to update at least weekly, if not more often. The thing is, where before I was living in an 850 ft² apartment, I'm now living in a big-ass house (relatively speaking) where kids can roam freely. My hands are full. Thus, I have little time to sit and focus on a blog. So to both BlogHer and my faithful three readers, I apologize for not blogging as often as I contractually should.

So what's happening here? Rob flew out to California this past Thursday to buy a pick-up truck and haul our stuff back to Pennsylvania. He found a 1989 Ford F-150 and rented a small U-Haul trailer; he and his brother are loading everything up as I type and are departing in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Yay! After that, we'll officially become Pennsylvania residents again. Oy. Unnerving, really, especially since I'm still unemployed and didn't get that job at the high school.

Did I mention it's snowing today? Yeah. It's April and it's snowing. Up to a FOOT by Wednesday morning. I miss California.

3 comments:

Amy McMean said...

Yeah i heard tell of snow out your way. The snow says WELCOME HOME!

check out this blog sometime when you get a chance, she's a bloggy friend of mine and she's near meadeville

http://inthesilentranks.blogspot.com/2009/04/photoshoot.html

Minxy Mimi said...

Sorry about the snow and not getting the job. I do have to say it was 78 degrees today! LOL

Mr Lady said...

I knew you hadn't been around much. Neither have I. I totally thought I was dreaming it.

Also, pshaw.

Also, I had to pull my ads from my other site because I am the crappiest updater alive. I feel you.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing