December 29, 2008

Now That's Dedication



I admire this kid. I wish I had that kind of dedication. I used to; I was dedicated to school, to organizations I was involved with, to partying...okay, so my devotion to partying sometimes overshadowed the other two, but hey, at least I was dedicated. I could always be relied upon to be a wing-woman at a party. If you wanted someone to go to a party with, I was your girl! I did love a good party.

But now, my biggest dedication is my kids. I'm hoping to find a new dedication in the new year. I'm already dedicated to finding a job, hopefully a job I'll love, but a job either way. I'm dedicated to supporting my family and to helping my husband earn his college degree. I'm dedicated to a healther lifestyle: to eating even better than we do now and to insisting upon that gym membership in February, going every day. We went to the little "gym" our apartment complex offers today. There's one elliptical trainer, one treadmill, one recumbent bike, and a weight machine. I did 10 minutes at 2.8 mph on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the bike at about 80 rpms. I don't know how many calories I burned and honestly, I don't care. I worked out, something I haven't done since right after I had my son.

I'm going back there tomorrow. I hope that woman who was in there today isn't there tomorrow. She'd set the thermostat to about 80ºF and gave us dirty looks the whole time. Whatever. It's for everyone lady, it's not your personal home gym.

1 comments:

Valeta said...

I hope I can have some of the same dedication to working out after I have the new baby.

I have been really lazy the past month.

Also, I hope my kids have dedication when they are older. Heh.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing